Monday, October 1, 2012

slippery shame slope

I was feeling so proud of myself today because I managed to get my car registered with only a few mishaps and then I saw on Facebook that an acquaintance of mine ran 50 miles this weekend.

But you know what? Considering she looks like Sarah Connor and I look more like Pizza the Hutt, I'm going to consider us even.

yea, that's a glass of wine
I'm on a slippery slope of no activity and processed food right now. Groom saved the day yesterday with a delicious fish chowder he made with cod he caught himself, potatoes from Squire Tarbox Farms (they always have the best arugula too), herbs from our garden, and corn from...jeez, I don't know what farm supplied the corn because we bought it at the farmers market and I wasn't paying attention. (By the way, I played "jeez" in Words with Friends the other day and earned 77 points. Hello!)

This morning, I lazed out and got a venti iced coffee from Starbucks, instead of going to locally owned Cafe Creme. I also got one of those weird over-processed turkey bacon sandwiches and a yogurt parfait.

And then this afternoon, I wandered down to a vending machine and bought a bag of BBQ potato chips. I have no willpower. They were just calling me.
I'd like to know what's missing

Groom saved the day again by bringing home some broccolini, quinoa, and Moroccan Chicken from What's Happening, aka Good Times, aka Good Food Store for supper.

I've made Groom promise me he'll walk to work with me in the morning to get some kind of something that sort of resembles exercise. He did walk the dog tonight for a really long time while I worked on some freelance. I'd like to say I'm jealous that he was able to get out when I couldn't, but I promised I would be honest.

I'm not jealous even a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment