Monday, August 6, 2012

Challenge!

Ah ha! New challenge. It's a little difficult for me to get daily activity into my schedule when we have a house full of family. What a surprise.

I used to go jogging early in the morning when we had company--just a quick sneak in and out the front door while people were showering or drinking their coffee in the kitchen. These days, because I'm still not in jogging condition, I'm not sure what to do.

The elliptical is directly off the dining room and right underneath the laundry room, or this week, underneath "a spare bedroom," so I can A) wake people up in the morning, B) keep people awake during nap time, or C) suffer the humiliation of people hearing or worse seeing me on the elliptical all sweaty and making weird exercise faces, which I imagine is very similar to guitar face, which is very similar to sex face.

Today, our plans include boating, fish sandwich, more boating, strolling through town, nap, martini, and ribeye with a side of baked beans. So, unless I decide to pop into a lingerie shop to try on some Spanx, which is akin to shoving an oversized sleeping bag into a baby stuff sack, I'm a little out of luck. My sister, who is a runner and a healthy eater and has legs that allow her to wear short skirts well into her 40s without a single person doing the "oh nooooo" face behind her back, overheard me and my other sister laughing about Spanx at my brother's wedding last year. My thin sister, after a moment of listening to us make jokes about stuffing 80 pounds of sausage into six inches of casing, asked in all earnestness and without judgement, "Wouldn't it just be easier to work out?"

Back to today.... My sister-in-law has been lobbying for a hike into Sprague Pond, so I might get behind her efforts to head over there if we have time between nap and martini. In fact, now that I think of it, I think that's what I'll do. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment