Monday, August 20, 2012

It was bluefish

yummy!
Groom came home last night after asking me to flip his gross scaly fish in its marinade (Hunh. That sounds kinda dirty.) and cooked up a bluefish he had caught in the Kennebec River. He doesn't update his Maine Saltwater Fishing Reports blog as prolifically as I update my Maine Weak Girl Tries To Get Strong blog, but I'm hopeful he writes about the experience soon. He was pretty happy about catching his supper.

I don't eat bluefish. I never have. I caught a bluefish from the beach about ten...no...fifteeeeen.... about 20 years ago in Nantucket and it was both horrifying and disgusting. I was with Boyfriend who became Groom's family and their rule was "you catch it, you clean it." I have been a staunch supporter of catch-and-release ever since.

Saturday night, Groom cleaned his bluefish and put it on a platter with some soy, wine, ginger, garlic, and a little cumin to rest overnight. He grilled it last night (Sunday night) alongside some potatoes, red and yellow peppers, tomatoes, and asparagus from Blackie's in Auburn.

As it turns out, I like bluefish.





No comments:

Post a Comment