Sunday, August 5, 2012

Quick entry

loaded up, ready to go
Groom's family is here so I want to be brief--there's a martini to drink and stinky cheese to eat and lobster to consume. But, I want to report that I got my daily activity regardless. Groom picked up some kayaks from the LL Bean use room because you can do that when you're an employee. They had stand-up paddleboards (SUP) there as well, but they were signed out. We hung around the loading area like a couple of small-town thugs hoping the people who had reserved them wouldn't show up, but no luck. After a brief conversation about maybe buying a SUP that ended with, "We should probably get me a car first," we piled a bunch of the kayaks in the back of the truck and carried on.

The point being, my activity today was a paddle around Small Point in a little tub of a kayak. But, I was with Peter's niece who preferred talking over paddling, so we really sort of floated around Small Point rather than paddled around it. I don't mind. Frankly, I'd prefer to spend and hour chatting with this girl than spend 15 minutes huffing and puffing against the waves.

So, I added 40 minutes of lawn mowing to my day.

And now I'm icing my ankle. Dammit. But, I hear the ice trays getting emptied into cocktail shakers, so I must be off.


No comments:

Post a Comment