Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fail

We're moving.

moving does not equal exercise
Getting some form of sustained, elevated heart rate activity into a day of moving is nearly impossible for someone like me who doesn't really want to do it in the first place. Groom and I spent the day packing and cleaning, with short breaks online checking email or flirting with each other via Facebook...

Let me stop for a second. Can we discuss how annoying it is when couples who are clearly within spitting distance of one another log onto Facebook and start tagging and posting? It's the worst kind of PDA.

...and we are now mostly moved out of our apartment in western Maine. Yay.

I had intended to hop on the elliptical when we got back to our house on the coast, but a cocktail at JR Maxwell and takeout Thai from Best Thai II in Bath was far more appealing. Best Thai II is so new, they don't have a website, but I think they are the same people who own Best Thai in Damariscotta, which begs the question: There's a Thai place in Damariscotta? Did not know that.

Sorry for the exercise and eating fail today. I cleaned houses and office buildings to make money in college and I remember being in great shape, but I don't know. I think calling "cleaning" a form of exercise is a copout. And, air drumming to The Black Keys to entertain my very tired husband can not be considered exercise (but I hit that cymbal with power, baby).

Having said that, I am thoroughly and to-the-core exhausted. And, okay, fine. I did convince myself I shouldn't get all sweaty from the elliptical because I was told by the woman who extracted the whatever from my face yesterday that I shouldn't get my face wet for a couple of days. She actually said "no shower or swimming," which made Groom laugh. We all know I don't get my face wet when I swim.

For eating, I shopped mostly local, but I did stop for a bottle of iced tea (bad) at Big Apple (bad) instead of locally owned Mallard Mart (better). 

Today was one big fail. Tomorrow, I'll get on the elliptical, move bricks, and mow the lawn.

No I won't.






No comments:

Post a Comment