Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I'm not thinking about food....

Day Three

Fact. Between singing This Bulging River because we live on the bank of a river and it has been raining for something like 50 years and singing Stronger by Kelly "I won American Idol" whatever her name is, the voice in my head is officially making me crazy.

The good news is that I'm not thinking about food so much as I'm thinking about ways to get more exercise, so that's cool. On the other hand, I'm not really depriving myself of anything. I mean, I was craving a cheeseburger yesterday and I ate tuna with Wassa Crackers instead--a treat for me if there's a bunch of mayonnaise mixed with the tuna (there wasn't) and a palatable snack if there's a tiny bit of Annie's Sesame Shitake Dressing mixed with the tuna (there was).  But, for the most part, I'm eating whatever food I want (if it's local); I'm feeling stronger and I swear to god I'm standing straighter. I'll 'fess up to eating a Swedish Fish yesterday, but that was more of a celebratory act since a bunch of colleagues and I had rescued it from its dangling perch within the vending machine. It was all high fives and hoots and hollers. Wow. We are not a cool group of people.

I want to walk into a hipster joint and feel like this
Speaking of fish, last night, I ate the most delicious fish taco from El Rayo Cantina. I wanted ten fish tacos from El Rayo Cantina, but I satisfied myself with one, and I sampled some other items on the table like Pimiento de Padron (crazy good fried peppers) and an unbelievable vegetable empanada (side note: I lost a spelling bee on the word "empanada").

Not like this
Was it "healthy" food? No. Was it "yummy" food? Yes. I decided last night, in my opinion, locally owned restaurant = local food. If they served anything with Pringles, I would have had a major ethical dilemma on my hands. But, if you think I'm going to avoid The Holy Donut because it's not good for me, you are sadly mistaken.

Exercise...exercise....I'm playing tennis with a friend later today. I have never stated or written that sentence in my life. Evidently, I need a racket? And, do I wear special shoes? Do I have to wear a skort? Honestly. This will be nothing but entertaining with just a hint of embarrassing. Wait. Scratch that. Reverse it. Let's see what today brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment